Location: Leamington Spa & Coventry Office
We’re looking for an individual who has already gained some experience working within VAT (whether in Practice or Industry) to join our established VAT team.
At HB&O, our goal is to make the complex clear, looking beyond the balance sheet to pinpoint what our clients really need to help them take their businesses to the next level. We have built a team of passionate and experienced individuals who thrive on getting to know their clients’ businesses inside out so they can help spot opportunities.
The role will include:
- Liaising with clients in order to complete VAT returns for SMEs and charity clients
- Liaising with HMRC to resolve VAT related queries
- Responding to VAT queries raised by colleagues and clients and building relationship with VAT only clients
- Assisting in wider VAT project work involving research case law and HMRC guidance
There will be an opportunity to develop within the role and take on more project-related work including the chance to develop and gain experience with more complex land and property matters, VAT and overseas trading; VAT and Charities.
What you will need to succeed in this role:
- Experience in basic VAT matters
- Experience of Xero and Sage would also be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience preparing more complex VAT returns that have included:
- non-business/business apportionments
- partial exemption calculations
- land and property transactions
- overseas business activities
This role is a full-time position, however, we could consider a part-time role for the right person.
We have core hours from 9.30 to 4.30, then work the rest around your schedule.
Internal Promotion Opportunities
Once qualified, we have a graded management system so there is always somewhere to move up internally.
Free Car Parking
No one wants to try and find a parking space before your first morning coffee. We’ve got plenty of parking at both our offices.
Employee Discount Platform
From your supermarket shop to holidays you can save with our exclusive discount programme.
Due to the number of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this vacancy and ticking YES above, you are giving consent to Harrison Beale & Owen Limited to store your details in its database for the purposes of sharing future employment opportunities. We will hold your data over the next six months should your initial application be unsuccessful.
We always treat personal details with the utmost care and in accordance with GDPR. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to find out more about us or enquire about working together? We’d love to hear from you. Head over to our enquiry page, fill in the form and we will be in touch!