Contract: 12 months maternity cover with the potential to make this a permanent role for a suitable candidate
Hours: Flexible hours across Monday-Friday. Minimum 22 hours per week and can range to a maximum of 36.5 hours.
At HB&O, we’re a team of passionate experts, specialising in supporting businesses and individuals through every stage of their professional and personal life. Our clients come from all different walks of life, operate in all kinds of different sectors and bring different experiences, passions and motivators to their work, but they all have a common goal: to be successful in their own right.
We believe that our team should echo this too.
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and highly motivated Transaction Support Administrator to join the Corporate Finance team in our Coventry office.
Corporate Finance – General duties
Provide administrative support to the Corporate Finance (CF) team. Corporate Finance is project based and therefore administrative requirements are widely varied. All projects are highly sensitive and confidential, and the utmost discretion is required at all times.
Day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Typing up letters and other correspondence for clients using the internal IT system, as required.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls, as required
- Contact clients by telephone or email, as and when required
- Generate and prepare the monthly bills for clients
- Preparing presentations for directors and managers using PowerPoint
- Filing, photocopying, and scanning
- Maintain internal records as required
Corporate Finance – Common tasks
- Updating and maintaining the internal project management spreadsheet (Excel)
- Attending weekly CF team meeting and updating project status and logs as required
- Preparing client onboarding documentation, such as engagement letters, anti-money laundering (AML) checks, new client forms and ensuring these are entered onto the practice system (Xero Practice Manager)
- Liaising with new clients to obtain any necessary information for onboarding
- Supporting managers/directors to prepare outline client proposals
- Filing documentation to the firm’s online document management system
- Supporting manager/directors to prepare and format reports for monthly KPI’s
- Formatting documents and reports for client presentation
- Ensuring admin systems are in place, i.e. project completion processes, and liaise with relevant team members to ensure this has been done
Corporate Finance – Company Secretarial Support
Provide Company Secretarial support for the Coventry office. This will primarily involve preparing or reviewing company documents/forms for changes & events, which require filing at Companies House.
The role will involve reviewing documentation prepared by members of the admin team, as well as supporting managers and directors in the preparation of documentation for more complicated company reorganisations.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organisational skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Confidence to manage a small team
- Able to adapt to wide variety of task requirements
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience in a professional service environment, i.e. accountants, solicitors etc
- Prior experience in a senior role within an administration department
- Ability to navigate macro-based Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, with an understanding of basic formulas and data validation tools
- Working knowledge of Xero Practice Manager
- Flexi-hours – we have core hours from 9:30am to 4:30pm, then work the rest around your schedule
- Hybrid working
- Quarterly appraisals
- Quarterly bonus schemes
- Internal promotion opportunities
- Free car parking
- Employee discount platform
- Enhanced employer pension contribution
To apply for this role, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
We have core hours from 9.30 to 4.30, then work the rest around your schedule.
Internal Promotion Opportunities
Once qualified, we have a graded management system so there is always somewhere to move up internally.
Free Car Parking
No one wants to try and find a parking space before your first morning coffee. We’ve got plenty of parking at both our offices.
Employee Discount Platform
From your supermarket shop to holidays you can save with our exclusive discount programme.
Due to the number of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this vacancy and ticking YES above, you are giving consent to Harrison Beale & Owen Limited to store your details in its database for the purposes of sharing future employment opportunities. We will hold your data over the next six months should your initial application be unsuccessful.
We always treat personal details with the utmost care and in accordance with GDPR. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to find out more about us or enquire about working together? We’d love to hear from you. Head over to our enquiry page, fill in the form and we will be in touch!