Accounts Department Manager
Location: Leamington Spa
We’re looking for an experienced individual to look after a mixed portfolio of clients and a busy accounts department in our Leamington Spa Office.
We’re accountants, and of course we do our clients’ accounts, but at HB&O, we offer so much more than ticking the boxes of compliance. We are our people, and it might be cliche but they really are what makes us special. The loyalty of our team (we’re talking ten, twenty or even thirty years service) speaks volumes about the way we treat our staff and the way we do business.
Our goal is to make the complex clear, looking beyond the balance sheet to pinpoint what our clients really need to help them take their businesses to the next level. We have built a team of passionate and experienced individuals who thrive on getting to know their clients’ businesses inside out so they can help spot opportunities.
The role will include:
- Overall responsibility for the Accounts Department in our Leamington Spa Office
- Where applicable overseeing the book keeping / processing works for those clients
- Developing client relationships and being the main contact point for your clients
- Liaising with the Payroll Manager to ensure the timely and accurate completion of payroll works for the client where necessary
- Liaising with the Personal Tax Manager to ensure the timely and accurate completion of personal tax works for your client portfolio
- Reviewing accounts files (where appropriate) of Client Services staff
- Dealing with emails and client queries in a timely manner
- Undertaking accounts/corporation tax work on clients where necessary/appropriate, and liaising with the Corporate Tax Manager to ensure timely completion of corporate tax computations and returns
- Meetings with clients where necessary, both individually and in conjunction with Directors/Associates/Consultants, as appropriate
- Highlighting opportunities for additional service lines to be provided to the clients in your portfolio
What will be required:
- Build relationships with Client Directors/Associates/Consultants
- Be technically proficient in all areas of statutory accounts production
- Ensure the clients in your portfolio are managed in the most efficient way, utilising Client Services staff at the appropriate level
- Set or review and approve job budgets, monitor workflow against budgets, and ensure that all jobs under your control are completed on time and in budget
- Maintain the client relationship, ensuring all internal departmental work for your clients is co-ordinated and overseen
- Utilise tools provided by the firm to ensure client work is carried out efficiently (Xero, Receipt Bank, Outsourcing etc)
- Maintain communication lines with Directors/Associates/Consultants on the jobs falling under your management.
- Work with fellow Client Managers to ensure client work is carried out efficiently and in a timely manner
- Provide feedback and training to Client Services staff in a timely manner
- Draft client bills for Directors/Associates/Consultants approval
- Monitor accumulated WIP on your portfolio, and liaise with Directors/Associates/Consultants to ensure bills are raised as and when appropriate
- Monitor outstanding client debtors on your portfolio and liaise with the Directors/Associates/Consultants and/or members of HBO’s internal finance team to assist in the collection of overdue client debtors
- Provide feedback to Directors and Managers regarding team performance and assist with staff appraisals as required
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- At least 12 months post-qualification experience
This role is a full-time position, however, we could consider a part-time role for the right person.
To apply, please complete the application form below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We have core hours from 9.30 to 4.30, then work the rest around your schedule.
Internal Promotion Opportunities
Once qualified, we have a graded management system so there is always somewhere to move up internally.
Free Car Parking
No one wants to try and find a parking space before your first morning coffee. We’ve got plenty of parking at both our offices.
Employee Discount Platform
From your supermarket shop to holidays you can save with our exclusive discount programme.
Due to the number of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this vacancy and ticking YES above, you are giving consent to Harrison Beale & Owen Limited to store your details in its database for the purposes of sharing future employment opportunities. We will hold your data over the next six months should your initial application be unsuccessful.
We always treat personal details with the utmost care and in accordance with GDPR. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Want to find out more about us or enquire about working together? We’d love to hear from you. Head over to our enquiry page, fill in the form and we will be in touch!