Virtual Finance Officer
Location: Leamington Spa Office
As a Virtual Finance Officer (VFO), you will have experience in general bookkeeping and accounts, and you will be eager to take responsibility for the accounting functions of external clients.
This is a client-facing role (virtual in the current climate!) and, as such, you will attend meetings on client business premises, not only to gain an understanding of the client’s overall business but also to interact with the Owners, Directors, or support their internal finance team generally. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate, real-time reports and guidance to clients.
To be successful in this role it is vital that you have experience working on multiple sets of client accounts. On a daily basis your duties will include:
- Assist in supporting the VFO team in day to day bookkeeping & VAT return preparation
- New finance system set-ups for clients
- Resolving payment queries and supplier payments
- Producing reports for senior management
- Handling account related queries and software support queries
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Production of monthly management accounts tailored to client requirements
What you’ll need to succeed:
The successful candidate must have previous experience in the above duties in a similar bookkeeping or accounts assistant position. AAT qualified is preferable, however, those qualified by experience will also be considered for the role.
Applicants need excellent communication skills due to the client-facing nature of the role with the ability to work well in high-pressure situations subject to tight deadlines and be able to work on your own initiative.
- A minimum of 18 months of practical experience within a similar role, ideally in an accountancy firm
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Experience of processing high volumes of invoices
- Knowledge of Payroll and associated tasks
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based accounting systems, such as Xero
- Proven levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office and Outlook skills
- A self-starter who can manage their own workload
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- A driving license and access to your own vehicle is essential
We have core hours from 9.30 to 4.30, then work the rest around your schedule.
Internal Promotion Opportunities
Once qualified, we have a graded management system so there is always somewhere to move up internally.
Free Car Parking
No one wants to try and find a parking space before your first morning coffee. We’ve got plenty of parking at both our offices.
Employee Discount Platform
From your supermarket shop to holidays you can save with our exclusive discount programme.
Due to the number of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this vacancy and ticking YES above, you are giving consent to Harrison Beale & Owen Limited to store your details in its database for the purposes of sharing future employment opportunities. We will hold your data over the next six months should your initial application be unsuccessful.
We always treat personal details with the utmost care and in accordance with GDPR. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to find out more about us or enquire about working together? We’d love to hear from you. Head over to our enquiry page, fill in the form and we will be in touch!